Licensed foreign pilots can follow a straightforward step process to complete the conversion of their international pilot license and obtain an FAA certificate. Here are the requirements you must take into consideration when converting a foreign pilot license to an FAA pilot certificate:
- You need to have your Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) validate your license for the FAA*.
- You will need to pass a TSA background check.
- You must complete an ATP/CTP or Airline Transport Pilot Certificate Training Program.
- Once you have completed your ATP/CTP you must sit for and pass the ATP written knowledge test
- Clear an FAA medical examination
- Pass your ATP checkride
For more detailed instructions, click here to visit the FAA website.
Remember, Pan Am Flight Academy’s staff can help answer all your questions.
Contact Pan Am Today!
*The Airmen Certification Branch, AFS‐760 must have the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) verify the validity and currency of the foreign license and medical certificate or endorsement before you apply for an FAA certificate or authorization. The processing of the Verification of Authenticity of Foreign License, Rating, and Medical Certification form takes up to 45 to 90 days to complete.